Sunday, June 13, 2010

Coming up on the first year of business...


Well... I found it was time to start a blog! I've really enjoyed looking at fellow etsians (etsian= someone who sells products on the website, etsy.com) blogs and can't believe our etsy page was started less than a year ago! August will be an important month- Delaney is due the 20th!, my birthday, my nephew Isaac's birthday, AND the one year anniversary of Tag...You're It! Jewelry. I will give a little background on myself and our business adventure:

I am a 25 year old Hoosier who married her high school sweetheart and is a born again Christian. My first passion is worshipping the Lord with my voice, but I don't see a career panning out for me with music:) I have a degree from IUPUI in elementary education. I taught for a year and a half after graduating, but we are now expecting our first child in August. I LOVE teaching- I really do. However, it wipes EVERYTHING out of me. At this point, I know that I need to take at least a year off when the baby (Delaney) is born and we'll see where life takes me. I honestly can't imagine teaching all day and then coming home to take care of a child, but I know thousands do it. I really am throwing my heart and soul into Tag..You're It in hopes that I can stay at home with my kids while they are little because I know I will never get that time back.

My husband, Mark, is a Marine Corps Veteran who is currently working as a manufacturing engineer and going to school at night for Mechanical Engineering Technology. He is super busy and when he does have a spare moment I'm usually asking him to help me with something for jewelry. While I type, he is out in the garage pouring concrete for weights on our craft show tent.

So, the point of this blog is mainly to keep you in the loop about TYI and to support other etsy sellers and handmade items. However, I'm sure I'll pop in with personal stories quite frequently! Right now, I have a baby coming in less than two months, yet my mind is focused on 18 inch cable chains. I am eager for the day when I am not a jewelry-brained frazzled mess, but until then I'm just going to have to be this way.


Current Tag...You're IT News:

We are currently working really hard for the Fishers Freedom Festival. This will be our first big show, and the website says that 60,000 people attend. Wait...60,000 people... AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! (That is what has been running through my mind the last few weeks). We have been trying to up our inventory and have designed some great new copper necklaces, which I will post tomorrow or Tuesday. As for now, I'm just going to post some pics of our current designs for those of you in the blogworld who have never been to our website.


--Kelsey

All components of our necklaces are sterling silver and/or copper:





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...