Monday, September 19, 2011

apple picking...

I've lived in Indiana all my life, yet I've never gone apple picking.  So when some friends from church offered up an invitation, we decided we had to go.  I have decided that it will become an every year tradition for the fall, along with the pumpkin patch that I look forward to all year.
The high was supposed to be 68 degrees, so we all showed up in long sleeves, jeans, socks, and boots.  I guess in my mind, 68 degrees was more like 50 degrees.  However, the sun was BEATING down, so we were all wiping the sweat out of our face and rolling up our sleeves while picking the apples.

Mr. H is back in school, so he goes from his full time job to school until 9 pm Monday through Thursday, so we're already counting down until the end of the semester.  I know it's hard for him to come home every night to his baby who is already asleep, so I was glad they were able to spend some quality time together at the orchard.
Oh, and I was hoping to get a family picture of the 3 of us at the orchard.  I tried on about 10 outfits, picturing in my head a gorgeous vintage looking photo of apples in the background while Mr. H and I look dashing in our fall wardrobe with our adorable baby smiling for the camera.  However, this is what we ended up with:
No, the apple wasn't washed yet. 
And she only has 2 teeth on bottom, so I'm not sure what she was planning.

We had a great time at the orchard and ended up with some great apple treats, including an apple slushie and apple suckers.  I had planned on blogging my recipe for my apple crisp, but then I screwed up the recipe and forgot to take pictures along the way.  Whoops.  It ended up tasting delicious anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Such precious photos of your little one! I wish I could go apple picking...we have orange picking here in South Florida. Not the same thing, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...