Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Mommy Group

So I will completely admit that before I became a mom, I gladly would have given parenting advice to anyone who asked or maybe even those who didn't. 

I worked in a daycare and had a degree in childhood education, so I was pretty sure I had it completely figured out.

However, the night I brought home Del from the hospital, my poor mom got a 3 am phone call which sounded something like,

 "Mom...no, don't panic.  We're all okay"
{anytime you call your mama at 3 am you have to say that first or she assumes the worst}
"But, we're SO TIRED and SHE WON'T STOP CRYING!  I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!"

And so began my journey into becoming a new mom.

I am so grateful for my "moms" group.
I have a great group of friends/mommies of younger kiddos, who meet together weekly to share about our week and the highs and lows of being a mama.

 Sometimes we meet a park, sometimes we meet at someone's house and eat dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets, sometimes an indoor playground, and often times Chick-fil-A (because it is awesome and I will get in a fight with you if you don't agree).
 A lot of us go to church together too and it has just been so great to get to know each other and get to know each other's kids. I feel like Delaney already has friends her age and she just turned one.
 I enjoy learning and getting some advice from other moms, although I've accepted the fact that a fifteen minute conversation might be completely about the color of poop.

And, of course, the best part is that I get to relax a bit and talk to actual adults, rather than talking back to Elmo and Dora on the tv screen, which has happened on more than one occasion.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Whose kid is that in the second picture with the busted hair?! If I'd known they were going on the internet I would (might) have run a brush through her hair!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...