Wednesday, March 7, 2012

a needed reminder

On my way home from a crazy day yesterday, a song came on the radio.  I had heard it before and knew the artist, but I could relate so well to the song, that I felt like it was written just for me.

I have never really struggled with whether I thought the job of "mom" was important.  I know it is the most important job I will ever have and I take it seriously.  I think I was more questioning whether or not I was doing my job to the glory of God.  Am I mothering in a way that would bring God glory or am I worn out, frazzled, short tempered, and too busy with other things to be a mother who brings God glory? 

Being a stay-at-home mom is tougher than I ever thought it would be.  We have our wonderful days.  I love taking her to the park, and to get ice cream, and snuggling on the couch and watching Elmo, running with her through the house while chasing each other with strollers, and watching her grow before my eyes. 

But we also have the days where I just need TWO minutes to myself, and I shut the bedroom door to just take a breath.  And then I hear a soft voice coming from the crack from under the door "mom-ee?" "mom-ee?" "mom-ee?"...and I realize I don't get a breath to myself and open the door with
tears in my eyes
because I just wanted two minutes. 

I hope the words to this song remind you too that no matter WHAT you are doing in life, the most important part of that job is doing it the glory of God, since He, in fact, made you. 
Sometimes we all need a reminder...


Do Everything by Steven Curtis Chapman
You're picking up toys on the living room floor
For the fifteenth time today
Matching up socks and sweeping up lost Cheerios that got away
You put a baby on your hip and color on your lips
And head out the door
And while I may not know you, I bet I know you wonder sometimes does it matter at all
Well let me remind you it all matters just as long

As you do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you
Cause He made you
To do every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face
And tell the story of grace
With every move that you make and every little thing you do

You may be hooking up mergers, cooking up burgers
But at the end of the day
Little stuff big stuff in between stuff
God sees it all the same
And while I may not know you I bet I know you
Wonder sometimes does it matter at all
Well let me remind you it all matters just as long

As you do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you
Cause He made you
To do every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face and tell the story of grace
With every move that you make and every thing that you do

Well maybe you're sitting in math class
Or maybe you're on a mission in the Congo
Maybe you're working at the office singing along with the radio
Maybe you're dining at a five star
Or feeding orphans in Myanmar
Anywhere and everywhere you are
Whatever you do it all matters
So do what you do don't ever forget to do

Everything you do to the glory of the One who made you...
  Via


Some of our daily adventures...

Eating a thin mint cookie for the first time
 "Hiding" from a diaper change
 "coloring" with the black marker
 "cooking" her water soup

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...