Friday, February 18, 2011

Making Memories...
I look at other blogs and their children look like they are in modeling ads for daily life (playing on their farm in Gap clothing, baking cakes with a Kitchen-Aid pink mixer and the child usually has batter on her nose, etc.). I have been trying to take pictures of Delaney a lot because she is the happiest girl I have ever met. If I so much as look at her, she smiles and she is constantly laughing. She just seemed to find her voicebox a few days ago, and she has NOT stopped "talking" since. However, with all of these giggles and laughter, as soon as I get the camera out she gets very serious. She could be laughing up a storm, and as soon as I get a camera out she freezes.


She also can't seem to keep her eyes open when a camera flashes. She is 6 months old, so I don't blame her since her father is 28 and also can't keep his eyes open when a camera flashes. However, this has resulted in hundreds of frowning pictures with her eyes closed and they are usually blurry because I have an $80 Costco camera (I'm saving up for a better one). My question is "Do I keep these blurry, closed eye pictures?" I feel bad deleting any bad pics since they are of my beautiful daughter, so I feel like I have to keep them stored in my computer just in case. (Like I am ever going to print an enlargement of an out of focus, closed eye picture!)

A friend of mine took a picture of her daughter at each month milestone to watch how she grew during her first year of life. Well, I missed out on that already. Del is 6 months, and I always forget to take that milestone picture. So, instead I have a collection of blurry, closed eye pics that are slightly out of focus. I assume, of course, that is my bad camera, so as soon as I get a good camera you will be seeing much better photos on this blog. But until then, I wanted to share a photo collage of Del during her first 6 months...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...