Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!  Only one week until Thanksgiving.  I am in charge of bringing a dessert to Turkey Day (okay, not in charge, 'cause there is about 6 of us bringing desserts), and I plan on finding something super delicious and super simple.  Let me know if you have a fabulous recipe that preferably involves chocolate or caramel. 
I'm taking another embrace the camera break partly because I need a haircut so badly that I haven't really been embracing the camera, but more like running and hiding from it.

I wanted to share something else that I am thankful for this week.

I am SO thankful and SO grateful for my daughter, Delaney

I know I told you I wasn't going to do obvious ones, like um...my daughter, but I am just so thankful that she is here.




Mr. H and I got married when we were young (I was 19 actually).  I knew we were young, so I had my plan- we would enjoy our marriedness and then when I was 25, we would start a family.  It would be perfect and I knew that by that time we would have our lives completely together.

But then I was hit with some health problems.  We had been working through my scleroderma issues, when I was hit with another diagnosis: endometriosis.  Ugh.  I don't want to explain it on a blog, but let's just say this was ANOTHER instance where I sobbed like a baby in front of a doctor because there was only one thing I had ever heard about endometriosis: it meant I couldn't get pregnant.  Now, this is completely not the case, obviously, but I knew a girl who was diagnosed with this and that is all she had told me about it.

So, God's plan was different than my own- again.  Rather than planning for a family, I had to undergo surgery and get monthly shots for 6 months and then they told me that MAYBE I could get pregnant.

Pinned Image

After the shots and a LOT of prayer, I was able to get pregnant.  I was due in April of 2010 and was, of course, so excited.  I took Mr. H out to a fancy lunch at the Taco Bell to tell him the news and we prepared to become new parents.

But, God had other plans again (He often does), and decided to take my sweet little April baby to rejoice with Him in heaven.  We lost the baby at 6 weeks, but didn't realize it until about 8 weeks.

I'm not going to share details of that journey, but I know that without my personal relationship with Christ, I wouldn't have been able to wake up in the morning.  I knew that God was in control and He had a different plan.

I learned His plan was for me to be the momma of my cuddly little Del.  She was born on August 17, 2010 and my life will be forever changed.
I am SO thankful for her



She is completely healthy and when she is screaming at 2 am or wants me to hold her when I need to get jewelry done, I remind myself how grateful I am to have her in my life.  I know others who have struggled to have a family or have faced multiple family tragedies, so to have this child is something I try to never take for granted.  I thank God for her daily and know that she is our blessing.



Love,

Kelsey



[Download printables from this post HERE]

1 comment:

  1. You have such a beautiful daughter! Thank-you for sharing your story-and I love the scripture printable. It is just what I need this week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...