Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I know Thanksgiving was forever ago, but...

I know we're already in the Christmas spirit.  Once Black Friday passes, thoughts of turkeys are long gone, Thanksgiving is old news, we don't want to talk about it or think about it.  But, I have been busy-I mean I probably have 50 shows on my tivo that I need to catch up on- busy.

So I'm a bit behind in the blogosphere.  Everyone is posting about advent calenders, homemade ornaments, and handprint Christmas trees.  I'm posting about black friday and turkeys. 

I blog to record my memories because I have no time to scrapbook anymore, so even though it might be boring and old news, here is my Thanksgiving.

What are you sneaking Delaney?  Is it a roll, a cookie, or possibly a little cheeseball?

This turkey centerpiece makes it to every Thanksgiving.  I appreciate his faithfulness and look forward to seeing him every year.

What I love about Thanksgiving...eating and relaxing at the same time...a kid always makes homemade placemats (this year it was Isaac), and having way too many desserts.  Even though grandma promised she wouldn't make a dessert, since the granddaughters were bringing them, she still brought two pecan pies.  I knew she couldn't help herself.
My favorite part of Thanksgiving day is when we all go around and say what we are thankful for go through the Black Friday ads and plan our route.  We have about five copies of the ads and a pen and paper.  At 10 pm, I will still going through the ads and Mr. H. informed me I might have a problem.  This year was a whole new game since the stores opened at midnight.  I would much rather wake up early than stay up late, so I was not a fan.  I lasted until about 3 am and then retreated to my bed in defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...