Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rockin' Out Christian Style

Monday night, we had the privilege of going to a Hillsong United concert with our dear friends/ worship pastor and his wife.  I've loved this group for YEARS and have sang along at the top of my lungs in the car to their tunes since I was in high school, so I had been looking forward to it for weeks.  We were a bit surprised when we got there and realized that our tickets were in the "wristband"/fenced off/mosh-pit if it were that type of concert/standing only section.  It was mostly teens  in the section, so I felt like a chaperon with my Vera Bradley bag.  Since our friend, Stacey, is almost 8 months pregnant, we were a bit concerned about her standing the entire time.  However, a sweet security made sure to tell her that he could find her a seat if she needed a break.  (She ended up only taking one little break!)  

It was truly an amazing 2+ hours of worship and being so close to the stage surrounded by others that were excited as we were ended up adding to the experience.  I couldn't help wondering if heaven would be similar- everyone lifting their hands to Jesus and singing praises at the top of their lungs.  It was so moving and life changing.  I even saw Mr. H's lips singing along, which is amazing, since I've still never heard him sing after almost 8 years of marriage.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...