Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Rainy Day Pool Party

Yesterday, although jewelry was calling my name, I instead decided to pack up the pool stuff and head to my grandmas.  Going to the pool isn't as easy as it used to be.  I used to put on my swimsuit and grab a magazine.  It now involves packing up swimsuits, towels, swim diapers, dry diapers, sunscreen, sun hat, stroller, snacks, sippy cup, and the giant floatie thing that barely fits in my car. 

After 20 minutes of packing, I pulled into my grandma's house and it starting pouring down rain.  Instead of swimming, we sat under a covered pergola and enjoyed cookies and coffee while the rain poured down around us.  Mr. H. stopped by after work, so it was a rainy day pool party.  I wish my pictures would have reflected the rain pouring around us, but my phone just didn't pick it up. 
You'll have to use your imagination I guess.



It's funny how  I had planned on a soaking in the sun, but we had a much better time sitting around in a circle watching it rain.  Del and Harper kept trying to escape out into the rain.  Once Harper was in the pouring down rain, she stood there not really knowing what to do, but she didn't really like being wet.  Isaac obviously stayed ready for the rain to pass, and kept the goggles on just in case.

Do you ever have an unplanned day that you know will be a lasting memory? 
I think this was one of those times.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...