Saturday, May 28, 2011

5 Things you Might not Know about Me

I realized today that I blog a lot about my baby girl and about the jewelry biz, but haven't blogged too much about me personally.  So, I thought I'd start with just a list of  5 somewhat interesting things you might not know about me...


1.  I was peed on by a lion when I was a kid.  No, I'm serious.  Not a cat, a LION.  (I thought I'd start with a fun one.  I feel like stopping there and letting you wonder, but I guess I'll explain).  We took a trip to the Indianapolis Zoo for a church trip.  While I was there I stood right up next to the lion cage, although it was double layered so you couldn't stick your hand in and have it bitten off.  BUT, I was standing there and a lion walked up.  My dad all of a sudden told everyone to scoot back, but I of course wasn't listening.  The lion then proceded to pee on me.



2.  Now for a more serious one- I have some chronic health problems, including an autoimmune disease, called scleroderma.  It has caused some serious issues here and there, but it is currently under control, thanks to modern medicine and my Heavenly Father.



3. I lived in Hawaii for a couple of years...and I MISS it.  I love Indiana, but the winters can be rough and the "lake" doesn't really count as a beach.
Our dog, Sirius Black, enjoying the Aloha life

4. Before Mr. H and I began dating, we didn't exactly "like" each other.  I thought he was a mean and I used to try to avoid him at church.  He thought I was a "goody-two-shoes." (and I was, although I find NOTHING wrong with that!)  Luckily, it all worked out in the end:)



5. A few years ago I thought it might be fun to be a redhead.  I was sure it would be beautiful, like julianne moore.  I bought a foam that was supposed to wash out in 11 washes.  It  came out pumpkin orange, and a few months later I was still sporting pink hair.  I eventually had to bleach it back to my original color.

um...yeah, I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...