Thursday, May 19, 2011

Embrace the Camera Thursday


Alright, this is a blurry, iphone picture of two tired parents.  This is a quick version of our evening routine- play with Delaney, feed her, give her a bath and put on jammies, give her a bottle which puts her to sleep.  THEN, we pray {seriously I send up genuine prayers} that she will STAY asleep.  Our evening consists of watching tv and listening to the static of the monitor.  That monitor haunts me.  As soon as I hear any kind of muffle or movement, I brace myself for the worst {the worst is usually her waking up and screaming her lungs out until we calm her down or she puts herself back to sleep} She usually wakes up at least 3 times a night, but she's doing a much better job of putting herself back to sleep.  Okay, it's not that bad in comparison to when she was a newborn, but I think I've blocked those nights out of memory permanently, so it's hard to think back to them.  So...today Mark and I embraced the camera after a long day of work, play, painting, grocery shopping, doctors appointment, cooking, cleaning, and getting a baby to bed...being a parent is exhausting. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...